All about Driving Lessons in Ripon, Harrogate, Thirsk, Boroughbridge and surrounding areas…
.How do I get started?
- You must be 17 years old to learn to drive and hold a valid UK Provisional Driving Licence.
- You can obtain a licence by sending a completed D1 form (available at Post Offices), your passport or birth certificate and a passport–sized photo to the DVLA
- It usually takes 2-3 weeks for the licence to arrive, but can take longer, so apply as soon as you can.
What happens on my first lesson?
- On your first lesson you will be collected at a location of your choice.
- Having provided your instructor with your Provisional licence, you will be assessed on any previous driving experience and the lesson will then be structured in accordance with this.
What if I have never driven before?
- Complete beginners start the lesson with the standard procedure of safety checks and an introduction to the controls.
- Learning goals are set at the start of each lesson as this helps you progress with efficiency.
- Learning is easier when you are more relaxed, so your lessons will be conducted on a more interactive basis.
- Your thoughts on how to improve are important, as your ideas will help to decide further methods of training, so don’t be afraid to give your instructor feedback.
How many lessons will I need?
This depends on the rate at which you progress. Everyone learns differently. Your instructor will aim to help you reach the required standard as quickly and as safely as possible.
Some of the factors to take into consideration are:
- Whether or not you have passed the theory test.
- Previous driving experience.
- If you have a car of your own.
- How frequently you take lessons.
- Your natural ability.
- Every effort will be made to nurture confidence in anxious students through encouragement and positive feedback.
- Each basic driving skill will be developed in areas appropriate for safe learning, such as out of town centres. This way you will feel more relaxed and absorb new information more swiftly. You will not be asked to negotiate larger, more complex junctions until you are ready.
- Please feel free to contact Fantoni Driving School If you have any queries regarding training methods.
Call us on 07912 147 090 to book your first lesson today