Driving lessons will only be provided on the following terms and conditions.
Driving licence and eyesight
- You must hold a current valid licence (either provisional or full) which must be produced to the instructor at the start of the first lesson, if not before. You must also be able to read a number plate from a distance 20.5 metres (67 feet) either with or without your glasses, if normally worn.
- Bookings should be made by telephone/text message to Dan Fantoni on 07912147090. Lessons will be confirmed by Dan.
- See fantonidrivingschool.co.uk for current fees. Fees are subject to change without prior notice. Lessons on Sundays and Bank Holidays will incur a surcharge of £5 per lesson.
- Fees for test days will cover a 1 hour lesson prior to the test, hire of the vehicle during the test and the return journey. Usually this means that the test fee will cover 2 hours and 15 minutes but may be more or less depending on your location. This is exclusive of the test fee itself, which is payable to Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
- Lesson payments should be made at the beginning of each lesson. We accept cash and personal cheques made out to Daniel Fantoni. Lessons cannot take place without prior payment.
- If the instructor agrees to delaying payment of a lesson to an agreed date and you fail to make payment in cleared funds by that date, then Fantoni Driving School will be entitled to charge interest on any unpaid sums at a rate of 5% per annum until receipt of payment.
- Where an intensive or semi-intensive course is booked, a £100 deposit will be required. This is a non-refundable deposit save in exceptional circumstances, where a refund is at the discretion of the instructor. Where the instructor is unable to undertake the course for whatever reason and not at the customer’s fault, then a full refund will be given. The balance of the course cost should be paid at least two weeks before the course start date.
- You must give a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel a lesson. If you fail to give such notice, you will be charged for the lesson in full. Any cancelled lessons must be paid for in full before any further lessons can be booked.
- The DVSA stipulates that you must give three clear working days to cancel your test.
- All pre-paid lessons are non refundable and must be taken within four months of payment.
- If, upon arriving at your nominated pick up point for your lesson, there is no reply at the address provided, the instructor will wait approximately 10 minutes. If after 10 minutes, you have not made contact or the instructor is unable to reach you, the lesson will be abandoned and you will be required to pay for the lesson(s) in question.
- Any time lost for your lateness will not be added to the end of the lesson, unless convenient to the instructor. Any additional time will incurr additional fees.
- Any time lost for the instructor’s lateness will be either refunded or your lesson will be extended, if convenient to you. In all circumstances, your instructor will contact you and endeavour to minimise any time lost.
- You must agree times and dates of tests with your instructor prior to booking.
- The instructor reserves the right to refuse use of a driving school vehicle for test if he considers that provision of a vehicle could cause a risk to public safety.
- While the instructor will make every effort to ensure that the vehicle supplied for test will be fully road worthy and comply with all legal requirements at the start of the test, we cannot be held responsible for vehicle failure that occurs during the test and is not liable for consequential loss.
- The instructor cannot be held responsible for test appointments cancelled by the DVSA. Such cancellations are beyond the control of the instructor and therefore the lesson fee and ‘use of car’ fee for the booked period will be charged. The instructor will advise about claiming compensation from the DSA.
- Any accidental damage caused to our vehicle will be claimed for under our insurance policy. However, if you intentionally or recklessly cause any damage to the vehicle, you will be liable to reimburse us for any losses incurred as a result of the damage, including payment of any insurance excesses and loss of business.
- In the event of a collision or damage being caused to our vehicle during a lesson, you agree to provide all assistance necessary for any claim under our insurance policy (including providing witness evidence) and to any public authority, including but not limited to, the emergency services.
- By taking lessons with Fantoni Driving School, you accept these terms and conditions.
- The student agrees to carry out home study where required in order to learn continuously.
Web: www.fantonidrivingschool.co.uk Telephone: 07912147090